The Rocket Software team is pleased to announce new versions of Rocket LegaSuite and Rocket API are now available to customers on the Rocket Community Portal!
With these new releases (versions 10.1.1), Rocket is rolling out new naming for the two modernization tools:
- Rocket LegaSuite is now Rocket Modern Experience, Rocket Software's flagship modern UI tool for mainframe and IBM i.
- Rocket API is now Rocket Process Automation (IBM i Edition), Rocket Software's flagship tool with automation capabilities for IBM i.
Rocket Modern Experience and Rocket Process Automation enable customers to build modern, intuitive user interfaces and workflows with their host applications that improve productivity and enhance the experience of employees, customers, and partners.
Rocket Modern Experience v10.1.1 and Rocket Process Automation (IBM i Edition) v10.1.1 expands on these capabilities by enhancing the automatic UI generation process and by adding new configuration options to improve the user experience.
OpenSSL has been upgraded to version 1.1.1l, providing enhanced security.
Rocket Modern Experience (Web Edition)
Web application design experience:
- To optimize the development process, it is now possible to apply a specific template for certain fields on a picture in smart build. For example, you can apply a template to always create a Browse button next to an entry field.
- Smart build modifications are now displayed in the Picture editor’s Outline view for easy access.
- It is now possible to mark output fields as label when working with pictures providing more control over the smart build result.
- Developers can now define the package description before publishing the package to the hub.
- Labels and buttons now automatically resize based on the size of the text and the layout they are in, to render well on a variety of devices and window or screen sizes.
- A content security policy has been implemented for the LegaSuite, Material Design and Sidebar project templates for a better security out of the box.
Engines and Servlet
- For improved security, the default web server that is included in the engine installation is pre-configured for secure connections.
- Modern Experience Web engine and servlet are now available as Docker image supporting containerization or container-first strategies.
- Support for additional encryption algorithms has been added to the Encrypt and Decrypt script functions for improved security.
Rocket Process Automation
- In Screen API projects, when connecting to the host system, you now see a lock icon in the status bar area of the workbench which indicates the encryption status of your connection to the host.
- In Screen API projects, the session editor interface has been improved with updated category labels and a separate new Encoding category containing character set settings.
- The validation of function names in the JDBC command line tool (SqlCli) has been enhanced to improve the quality of the generated configuration files.
Rocket MX & Automation Hub
- The hub installation experience has improved to allow an easier out of the box installation for evaluation purposes or a more customized selection of specific features to include in the installation.
- To familiarize new users with key hub functionality, a guided tour will automatically start when a user logs in for the first time.
- To further simplify the configuration of secure connections, it is now possible to generate security certificates direct from the hub UI eliminating the need for separate security tools.
- The hub LDAP configuration page has improved to offer a quicker configuration experience.
Rocket Modern Experience (Desktop Edition)
Rocket MX GUI engine and Clients
- The License Message Server (LMS) and the licensing logic in the engines now support Live Partition Mobility (LPM).
- The icons for the printer client secure and non-secure connections have been refreshed.
- User functions created in scripts in the workbench or using the ScriptExec function are now callable from user macros, making it easier for use in the MX Desktop client.
- For increased security, support for additional encryption algorithms has been added to the Encrypt and Decrypt script functions.
Thank you for trusting your business to Rocket Software. Together, we power legendary outcomes for your company and your customers.
Detailed release notes can be found here: Rocket Process Automation (IBM i Edition), Rocket Modern Experience (Desktop Edition) and Rocket Modern Experience (Web Edition).