Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only

Connection to Windows based system

Norrie Steele's profile image
Norrie Steele posted 05-07-2021 10:04
Can Rocket Terminal Emulator be used in conjunction with Unidata on Windows?
We are currently looking at MFA through OKTA.
From what I've seen so far, it all seems to based on IBM Z / I or VT Systems. Our clients currently connect via wIntegrate using a Qume QVT 119 terminal emulation.
Michael Belme's profile image
Michael Belme
Hi Norrie,

I work in support on wIntegrate and other U2 products. I don't have much experience with Rocket Terminal Emulator, but I was able to test that it can connect through telnet and SSL/TLS as a VT session to UniData on Windows. I do not specifically see QVT119 emulation listed as a standard terminal emulation option in Rocket Terminal Emulator like I do with wIntegrate. I'd suggest reaching out to the Rocket Terminal Emulator (Bluezone) support team to speak with them and find out how much customization of the terminal emulation is possible with Rocket TE and chat about how your application built around wIntegrate may translate to Rocket TE.

Regards,
Michael Belme
Son Pham's profile image
ROCKETEER Son Pham
Hi Norrie,

When configuring a new VT display session in Rocket Terminal Emulator, the default Terminal type is specified as VT320, although VT119 isn't listed in the drop-down list, have you tried specifying VT100? You can do so by launching the VT display session in-question then choosing Session -> Configure -> Edit -> Emulation. 

Regards,
Son Pham
Zhi Li's profile image
ROCKETEER Zhi Li
Hi Norrie, 

You can go to Session -> Configure -> Edit -> Emulation in RTE, choose VT100 and type QVT119 to override default vt100.

Regards,
Zhi