Rocket iCluster

View Only
  • 1.  Sending PF without data to Target System

ROCKETEER
    Posted 07-30-2021 07:51

Scenario:

I am testing an application on our target system. I have a very large log file (about 2.5TB) that has deleted members and new members added every day, and this file is refreshed daily. I want to omit the data in this file as it's not important for my testing  but the programs I'm testing with must have the members and the number of members correct.

So, I want the PF and its members without data on the target system to start my application testing, how can I achieve this?

Response:

Use the iCluster Select Object command DMSELOBJ,  select the group (where the PF will be  included), add the object name, object type would be *FILE and object extended attribute would be PFDTA. Finally, ensure the value for Mirror contents (MIRRCNTS) is set to *NO.

F1 - Help Text information for MIRRCNTS

Indicates whether or not the contents of the object are mirrored. This parameter allows you to mirror object-level operations such as CREATE, DELETE, RENAME, and MOVE, but not the contents of the object…

------------------------------
    Don Broadbridge
    Senior CSE
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    Denver CO United States

• 2.  RE: Sending PF without data to Target System

PARTNER
    Posted 12-15-2021 12:36
    tries this but it does not work because the Extended attribute of the file is PF not PFDTA.
    when i do a sync check the sync check fails  because the  file is not found  the Extended attribute is PF  and the object is defined as PFDTA

Duane Gingerich
    SE
    Able-One Systems Inc
    kitchener ON CA

• 3.  RE: Sending PF without data to Target System

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-16-2021 07:09
    Hi Duane - not quite sure what you are saying here? Could you add some more detail please?
    Thanks.

Don Broadbridge
    Senior CSE
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    Denver CO US