MultiValue Tools

View Only
  • 1.  Rocket SB/XA 6.5.6 Feedback and Usage Request

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-14-2020 12:51

In June 2020, the Rocket MultiValue R&D team released a new version of SB/XA – version 6.5.6. If you're running the current version of SB/XA, I'm interested in your thoughts about the release. If you haven't upgraded, I'd like to learn what's holding you back.

Did you know that we offer a Rocket SB+ Guided Upgrade Tool? This Tool automates the necessary steps for a successful upgrade to release 6. Learn more about SB/XA 6.5.6, including new features that provide real benefits to you including security enhancements.

------------------------------
    Hernando Borda
    Rocket Software

• 2.  RE: Rocket SB/XA 6.5.6 Feedback and Usage Request

Posted 11-12-2020 16:39
    Can someone help me select connection profile.  I have installed u2 and sb/xa and a short cut to sbclient.

STEPHEN BRENDA
    execu-sys, ltd limited

• 3.  RE: Rocket SB/XA 6.5.6 Feedback and Usage Request

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-15-2020 17:19
    Hello Stephen,

Can you give me more information?  Do you want to establish a connection through SBClient or the SB/XA XUI Presentation Clients?

You can get the full manual set for SB/XA and SBClient here:
    https://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-u2/documentation

Thanks, Mark.

Mark Shannon
    Rocket Software

• 4.  RE: Rocket SB/XA 6.5.6 Feedback and Usage Request

Posted 11-18-2020 07:15
    No,  I installed trial version of unidata and a trial version of SB and wanted to know how to get to the SB account.  You know logged in and start looking around and do some work in the GUI SB.   I ended up stumbling into the unidata demo account using udt command from DOS and from there logging to  c:\....SBDEMO  and wiith that I got a login promnt and used SB login and password and used 'GUI' terminal emulation.   I there a better way to do this in my SB CLIENT profile session?

STEPHEN BRENDA
    execu-sys, ltd limited

• 5.  RE: Rocket SB/XA 6.5.6 Feedback and Usage Request

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-18-2020 17:47
    Hello Stephen,

Within the SBClient session, you can create a login script.  See Using SBClient > Chapter 6: Creating Scripts > Creating Login and Logout Scripts.

Alternatively, you might use the UniData Telnet Server Configuration utility to define yourself as a User with a specific Startup Directory.
    You will find telnetcfg.exe in the UniData bin directory.
    The default behaviour is to start a new UniData telnet connection in the demo account, for example:

As you have discovered, when using the default telnet user profile you need to LOGTO the SB, SBDEMO or SBSUPPORT accounts, for example:

> LOGTO C:\U2\SBXA\ApplicationServer\UniData\SB

Thanks, Mark.

Mark Shannon
    Rocket Software

• 6.  RE: Rocket SB/XA 6.5.6 Feedback and Usage Request

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-19-2020 08:36
    UniData looks in a few places for account names as can be used in a LOGTO. While it implicitly looks for sub-directories of the specified name under the UniData 'home' directory, it also looks for entries in the UD.ACCOUNT file - a UniData file located in the 'sys' account. So using your command-line editor of choice just 'LOGTO sys' and make an entry in the UD.ACCOUNT file similar to that below:

ID: RBEXAMPLES
    <1> C:\U2\U2WDE530\UDserver\rbexamples

If you don't want to be concerned about the case of the account name you can create two entries, one in upper case 'RBEXAMPLES' and one in lower case 'rbexamples'. You will now be able to use LOGTO RBEXAMPLES (or LOGTO rbexamples) without having to enter the full path.

John Jenkins
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Rocket Software Limited
    U.K.