Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only
  • 1.  Session Identifier Starts With Session 2 Instead of Session 1

Posted 06-23-2021 10:31
    I have no idea how or why this happened, but one day recently, the first instance of the Terminal Emulator displays as S2 in the Title Bar.  I have Session Identifier (%1) enabled in Options.  The first TE instance used to start with S1, but somehow it changed to S2.  Does anyone know of the starting value of the session identifier is stored somewhere on the PC and that's what is causing the session ID to start with S2 instead of S1?  Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

------------------------------
    Steven Vath
    Publix Super Markets, Inc,

• 2.  RE: Session Identifier Starts With Session 2 Instead of Session 1

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-28-2021 08:44
    BlueZone assigns session id automatically from 1 to 99 but the IDs being used would not be used any more in order to avoid conflict. You can find these numbers in the registry, i.e. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BlueZone (64-bit)\10.1\Mainframe Display S1 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\BlueZone (64-bit)\10.1\Mainframe Display S1, depending on your installation. Normally, if a session window is closed properly, the key of this session in the registry would be deleted thus the session id would be released. However, if the session isn't closed normally, the key would be left in the registry but BlueZone doesn't reclaim them automatically.  So, you can check your registry and delete S1 key, then you would see it back when open the session.

Zhi Li
    Rocket Software