Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface Anywhere application publishing service wont start

PARTNER
    Posted 05-30-2019 13:41

I've having difficulties getting the application publishing service from starting.

Windows Event Viewer (System) reports the following error:
    Uniface Anywhere Application Publishing Service
    %%3688

The Uniface Anywhere aps log presents the following error:

aps (4492) The Uniface Anywhere Application Publishing Service failed to start due to ServiceProc error 3688 (WLE0)

The installation is on Windows Server 2012, running the latest version of Uniface Anywhere 5.0.2.27327

Any help would be appreciated as I've been looking at this for hours.

• 2.  RE: Uniface Anywhere application publishing service wont start

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-30-2019 13:56

Hi Shane,

The error 3688 means that there's a problem with the license of Anywhere. Please make sure that there's a valid license in "C:\Program Files\Uniface\Uniface Anywhere\Programs\". And also check where the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE is pointing to. In case it's a different path then mentioned above then make sure that it does not contain any invalid license files.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Daniel Iseli
    Uniface Support

• 3.  RE: Uniface Anywhere application publishing service wont start

PARTNER
    Posted 05-30-2019 14:27

Thanks Daniel.  That did cross my mind but the license service is running ok, the LMTOOLS application can read the license and shows the server status is licensed and the server diags is happy.  The license was issued back in Aug 2018 and has been working fine.  

• 4.  RE: Uniface Anywhere application publishing service wont start
    Best Answer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 06-05-2019 09:45

Hi Shane,

this can happen when one or more license files located in the programs directory of Uniface Anywhere (or other place defined in the OS System Variables) are invalid and/ or rehosted (transferred to a different host).
    Solution will be to remove any invalid license files from the system and make sure to place a valid license.
    When no valid license is available or the license should be correct for the system, contact License Management by sending all information to license.management@uniface.com

With kind regards,
    Nico Peereboom