Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Standard messages source

PARTNER
    Posted 02-16-2021 10:43

I am trying to clear out the userver log files that are created by our system, by identifying where the errors are coming from and then fixing them in the source code (or programming around them, so testing for file existence before trying to load it, that kind of thing). 

What makes this difficult is not knowing which service has caused the error. In the past, I have looked at the help page for (e.g. 0160) and they (mostly) have code I can copy and paste for the error message and simply add (%%$componentname%%%) to the end of. 

I've looked in the help page for 0160, and it doesn't have this useful information. 

I have checked out the libmsg.usys.xml in uniface\misc, and it doesn't appear to include this message. 

Am I missing an import file which includes the 0000-1000 (or other) messages? Or some way to get the definition so I can create my own message to get the needed diagnostic info? 

Also, if you are reading this, and you think it makes sense, please find my wish that userver can be configured to add the component name to the end/beginning of all these messages as a whole, to make diagnosis 1000% easier

, and give it a vote.... 

Iain 

• 2.  RE: Standard messages source

Posted 02-16-2021 12:25

Hi Iain,

here is something that makes it 1000% easier for you.

Messages can be found in common\usys\usys.uar

When Uniface raises these messages there is nothing to be found in the logfile.

You can change this by adding a %%CF_LOG("<MessageNumber>") to the end of the message.

returns string
    params
    string P_MSG : in
    endparams
    variables
    string V_TEXT
    string V_PROCERROR
    string V_PROCERRORCONTEXT
    string V_DATAERRORCONTEXT
    string V_FORM
    string V_ENT
    string V_FELD
    string V_WERT
    endvariables
    V_PROCERROR = $procerror
    V_PROCERRORCONTEXT = $procerrorcontext
    V_DATAERRORCONTEXT = $dataerrorcontext
    V_FORM = "%%$formname / %%$componentname"
    if ($procerror < 0)
    V_FORM = "-FORM-"
    endif
    V_ENT = $entname
    if ($procerror < 0)
    V_ENT = "-ENT-"
    endif
    V_FELD = $fieldname
    if ($procerror < 0)
    V_FELD = "-FELD-"
    V_WERT = "-WERT-"
    else
    V_WERT = @$fieldname
    endif

V_TEXT = "%%$datim , %%P_MSG , %%$$ABTEILUNG , %%$$COMPUTERNAME, %%$processinfo("pid") , %%$$USER , %%V_FORM , %%V_ENT , %%V_FELD , %%V_WERT"
    V_TEXT = "%%V_TEXT%%% , Error: %%V_PROCERROR occurred at %%V_PROCERRORCONTEXT , Context: %%V_DATAERRORCONTEXT"
    V_TEXT = "%%V_TEXT%%^%%CF_CALLSTACK()"

filedump/append "%%V_TEXT%%^", "%%$$CLI_APPL_DIR%%%..\EB\LOG\_Messages.log"
    putmess V_TEXT
    return ""
    returns string
    variables
    string V_PROCSTACK
    string V_SINGLEPOINT
    string V_DATA
    string V_OUTPUT
    NUMERIC V_COUNTER
    NUMERIC V_LINE
    endvariables
    V_PROCSTACK = $proccontext("STACK")
    V_COUNTER = 3
    getitem V_SINGLEPOINT, V_PROCSTACK, V_COUNTER
    V_OUTPUT = ""
    while($STATUS > 0)
    if($item("MODNAM",V_SINGLEPOINT) != "APPL")
    V_LINE = $item("LNR",V_SINGLEPOINT)
    if($item("TYPE", V_SINGLEPOINT) = "MOD")
    V_DATA = "%%$item("CPTNAM",V_SINGLEPOINT)%%% %%$item("MODNAM",V_SINGLEPOINT)%%% %%V_LINE%%% %%$item("LIN", V_SINGLEPOINT)%%%"
    else
    V_DATA = "%%$item("CPTNAM",V_SINGLEPOINT)%%% %%$item("MODNAM",V_SINGLEPOINT)%%% %%V_LINE%%% [%%$item("ENTITY",V_SINGLEPOINT)%%%.%%$item("FIELD",V_SINGLEPOINT)%%%] %%$item("LIN", V_SINGLEPOINT)%%%"
    endif
    V_OUTPUT = "%%V_OUTPUT%%V_DATA%%^"
    endif
    V_COUNTER += 1
    getitem V_SINGLEPOINT, V_PROCSTACK, V_COUNTER
    endwhile
    return V_OUTPUT

This will add something like

16.02.2021 12:46:06 , 0160 , ARA , L1790147, 41492 , FRAM802L , TEST_U10_1 / TEST_U10_1 , ENT1 , BUTTON , Start , Error: 0 occurred at  , Context: 
    TEST_U10_1   trigger DETAIL   4   [ENT1.BUTTON]   putmess $$GLOBAL_VAR

to the logfile.

Kind Regards

Norbert

• 3.  RE: Standard messages source
    Best Answer

PARTNER
    Posted 02-17-2021 10:49

I do like this, and will probably use it, primarily as an additional UAR that only uservers can see, so as not to confuse users. 

However, it does not address the original point, which is that I don't know what I should put in the message part of my replacement 0160 in order to get the original message back, with the additional stuff added. 

I can open the uar, and copy the .msg file out and look at it in a text editor, but that doesn't tell me what I should type in the message editor in order to get it to replace something with the global field name. 

Thanks for that above though, I wouldn't have thought of that on my own. 

Iain

• 4.  RE: Standard messages source

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-17-2021 10:57

The original message text looks like this:

0160 - Global variable %%$sub%%% not available.

• 5.  RE: Standard messages source

Posted 02-17-2021 10:59

Hi Iain,

sorry I forgot.

The message 0160 should look like 

0160 - Global variable %%$sub not available. %%CF_LOG("0160")

If you open a message with HEX-Editor you sometimes find HEX 01 D5 00 this should be "%%$sub".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Norbert