Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface license modells

Posted 01-07-2021 08:47

Hi Freaks

We are faced with a change in UnifAce licensing in UF10, so there are two question arose:

First:
    Does anybody knows a source, where I can find detail informaton about the lisence modells 🙂
    Not only that there are different modells but also more technical.
    e.g
      How many session can start on a workstation under "concurent-license".
      Does every session count or only the access by a client ?
      What are the criteria (hardware components) for a node-locked one
    And so on...

Second:
    I did heard that DLM is out of the race (or not longer used in the manner before) and another tool will do the job.
    Are the license-modells still the same und what did change to install them at customer site

TIA
    Ingo

• 2.  RE: Uniface license modells

Posted 01-07-2021 11:07

Hi

Regarding first point, and concurrent-license only... DLM counts "login_user+machine+session".

So, if the same person opens two terminal sessions in the same machine, it is counted as 2. I remember a customer which contract mentioned "users" and that have several Uniface apps running using Citrix. If a person (read user) opened different apps and those apps unluckily were executed in different machines... he/she was consuming several concurrent-licences.

You can see it with dlmcv -usage -feat UDE  (or other feature)... you will get a list of "user@machine@session".

But it is better to contact to your account manager at Uniface to get a detailed explanation.

Regards

• 3.  RE: Uniface license modells

Posted 01-07-2021 12:23

ThanX Luis

Yes, I hope that UnifAce also reads this question 🙂

Ingo

• 4.  RE: Uniface license modells

ROCKETEER
    Posted 01-07-2021 14:15

Hi Ingo,

most answers to your questions you can find on the pages for licensing uniface under Documentation - Licensing/DLM
    or use this link: Licensing Technical Information

• 5.  RE: Uniface license modells

Posted 01-07-2021 14:28

ThanX