Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface utilities v9 and v10

Posted 09-09-2019 17:22

Now that the Global Search is back in the U10 development environment via the ADDITIONS.UAR. Daniel Iseli informed me that the way to get the 'Line No' and 'Line' columns to populate in the results is to use the 'Advanced search' option. I thought that option was only if you wanted to either use the 'Match whole word only' and/or 'Match case' – neither of which I ever used/needed.  Since I had never used the 'Advanced search', I just assumed the 'Line No' and 'Line' columns weren't displaying because of either something I misconfigured or was unavailable due to some other issue. Now I know better, I am sharing this information with the community. There may be other situations or opportunities for others to also report/share items that are similar in nature that isn't an intuitive part of how we are using Uniface on a daily basis.

Regards,

Larry

• 2.  RE: Uniface utilities v9 and v10

Posted 09-10-2019 06:27

Hi Larry,

as usual: thanks for sharing these "undocumented features" with us customers

• 3.  RE: Uniface utilities v9 and v10

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-10-2019 06:45

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Really appreciated.

The behavior of the 'Advanced search' option is actually documented in the Uniface 9.7 library:

> Programming in Uniface > Searching Proc

"5. Optionally, select Advanced Search to include all occurrences (including line numbers and line content) of your search term. "

Since the Uniface 10.3 IDE Utilities are based on the version 9 IDF utilities the available (Uniface 9) documentation is still applicable (in most cases).

If we have the time then we'll probably think about creating some dedicated documentation for the IDE utilities. I, however, would rather spent my available time to add new functionality to the utilities. And besides, the support team still has a day job to fulfill (i.e. assisting customers). 😉

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Daniel