Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  MultiDevelopers on network share: application model diagrams

Posted 09-16-2021 07:56

Hi Unifacers,

at a customer environment Uniface Developer was installed from workstation1 into a network share. It works correctly...so far so good!

All others developers while working from other workstations trying to open application model diagrams are getting these errors onto message frame:

Flowchart error in method 'shutdown': $status=-1; ERROR=-57MNEM=<UACTERR_NO_INSTANCE>DESCRIPTION=Instance not foundCOMPONENT=UUDIAG20PROCNAME=FORM_EXITTRIGGER=EXECLINE=4.
    Flowchart error in method '$ocxhandle': $status=-1; ERROR=-50MNEM=<UACTERR_NO_SIGNATURE>DESCRIPTION=Signature not foundCOMPONENT=UUDIAG20PROCNAME=INITCONTROLSTRIGGER=MNUSLINE=1.
    Flowchart error: unable to instantiate diagram control.
    Flowchart error in method '$ocxhandle': $status=-1; ERROR=-50MNEM=<UACTERR_NO_SIGNATURE>DESCRIPTION=Signature not foundCOMPONENT=UUDIAG20PROCNAME=INITCONTROLSTRIGGER=MNUSLINE=1.
    Flowchart error in method 'shutdown': $status=-1; ERROR=-57MNEM=<UACTERR_NO_INSTANCE>DESCRIPTION=Instance not foundCOMPONENT=UUDIAG20PROCNAME=FORM_EXITTRIGGER=EXECLINE=4.

To me it could be an OCX is NOT registered on the other workstations...or an assignment to collect a signature is not really perfectly aligned to needs.

Thanks in advance for any tip or trick to solve this small hiccup.

Regards,
    Gianni

• 2.  RE: MultiDevelopers on network share: application model diagrams

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-16-2021 10:05

Hi Gianni,

The Diagram Editor is using a OCX control (ugmv20.dll) that needs to be registered on each client that uses the IDF. This is done by using the Windows (command line) tool RegSvr32.

The mentioned dll is located in the USYSBIN (Uniface BIN) directory. Open a (Windows) Command Prompt (as Administrator), change to the Uniface bin directory, and then execute the following command:

regsvr32 ugmv20.dll

If everything works correctly then you should see a pop-up window of RegSvr32 stating that the registration of the mentioned (ActiveX) control was successful.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Daniel

• 3.  RE: MultiDevelopers on network share: application model diagrams

Posted 09-16-2021 10:38

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your quick answer...I was supposing something like that... 🙂

Nevertheless trying to apply it a second issue is raising:

It means: "The module went loaded but call to DllRegisterServer did not work. Error code #0x800700005."

Looking for 0x800700005 over the internet is something like "Access Denied" but my user is Administrator of my machine (despite NOT being Domain Administrator). I'll try to do it as domain admin...I'll keep the post updated!

Gianni

• 4.  RE: MultiDevelopers on network share: application model diagrams

ROCKETEER
    Posted 09-16-2021 10:44

You did not run the command prompt as administrator. The window title should say something like:

"Administrator: Command Prompt"

No idea what that should be in Italian.

It is not sufficient enough if a user is an Administrator. When you just start a Command Prompt then it has no elevated rights. You need to us the option "Run as administrator".

Hope this helps.

Daniel

• 5.  RE: MultiDevelopers on network share: application model diagrams

Posted 09-16-2021 12:37

Yup! Solved! "Run As Administrator" did the trick right.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Gianni