Uniface User Forum

View Only
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-19-2018 11:50
    No replies, thread closed.

Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

Author: zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz (sochaz)

Hello, I'm trying to show a Uniface form from outside the Uniface. Currently from a simple C++ application. I have realized, that the "new" API with uecreate works fine, but only the batch is supported. There is almost no problem calling a service. But I need to show a form. I have tried to use "old" API and call unifbeg... this is fine and Uniface GUI showed up. Then I can activate a modal form and it works fine. But now I need a non-modal form to be shown. At this point, my win32 console application fails - the form is shown, code returned to my app and my app exited. So I switched to Windows Application (still using C++). Now unifgeb works fine, modal form works fine, but non-modal form just show up and that's all. I can click in the form, but it does not react or do anything. It's not frozen in the meaning of "bitmap", I can even show values from currently selected DropDownList, but that's all. Another strange thing is that unifend is somehow broken. According ulibrary there is a numeric parameter to shut id down or suspend... it acts differently than documented, even though always returning a success (1). Calling unifbeg again fails (or frozen or crash the application). So, my questions are: 1) is anyone successful in showing a non-modal Uniface form if the main application is C++ based (not Uniface)? 2) what's wrong in unifend and am I able to hide the shell window if no longer needed and show it again later on? Any help will be appriciated, kind regards, Zdeněk Socha

• 2.  RE: Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER

Hi Zdenek, I do not remember the call-in API being restricted to services/batch only. The documentation does not mention this and even seems to suggest that forms should also be possible. This needs to be investigated.  I would recommend that you log a support case for this so that I can work on it. Cheers, Chris Breemer Uniface Technical Support

Author: Chris Breemer (chris.breemer@uniface.com)

• 3.  RE: Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER

Hi, I seem to remember - in the days long past, if you called Uniface from a 3gl, there was a pre-call you needed to do in order to release the keyboard control from input in the 3gl (in order for Uniface to gain control of the keyboard / structrure editor to fire up). I'm wondering if the unifbeg was modified to release the keyboard control from the 3gl - and something went awry when the non-modal implementation was introduced years ago? Of course, the unifend would probably have been modified too in order to restore the keyboard control back to the 3gl.... Knut

Author: Knut (knut.dybendahl@gmail.com)

• 4.  RE: Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER

I think that was character mode specific - this old interface dates from the time before we even had Windows. I don't think any much has been changed in unifbeg/unifend and I'd rather not worry about it, instead try to make things work using the newer API if possibl.   Cheers, Chris

• 5.  RE: Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER

Hi Chris, according to ulibrary and the documentation of uecreate, there is the parameter runMode and there is written: "runMode—specifies how Uniface is to be initialized (in batch mode or interactive mode). Currently, only batch mode is supported, so you should always set this parameter to 1 (one)." This is why I wrote that only a batch mode is supported. I have tried the value of 0, but it does not work. :-) And activating a form results in an error (something about not enough space to show the form, or something like this). So... if I need a form I need a GUI and therefore I need to call unifbeg... but there is no parameters for unifbeg, so it took me several days to figure out how can I tell it to use my .asn file and my .aps (start-up shell). It's very very limited but it works. After unifbeg... the only way to show a form is urun, but only for modal forms and limited to Execute trigger without any parameter. This is useless for me. So I've tried ueopen and then use a "new" API. What is strange is that modal form works fine, but non-modal forms does not react on mouse-clicks and/or keyboard.... Before logging a support case I wanted to check the community to see if I'm doing something wrong. But I will log a support case now, as you suggested. Kind regards, Zdeněk Socha

Author: sochaz (zdenek.socha@fullsys.cz)

• 6.  RE: Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER

Hi Zdenek, You are right, I had forgotten about that. It's been a while since I seriously worked on 3GL stuff. Ok I will pick up your support case and get back to you there. If I find a solution (or conclude that there is none...) I will post it here too.   Cheers Chris

• 7.  RE: Uniface Integration: Uniface forms from C++ using C call-in API

ROCKETEER

Hi Zdenek, Just a thought; If the UNIFBEG works correctly, and your aps EXEC does an activate of a non-modal form - once control comes back to your 3gl, couldn't you use upostmessage which would end up in the non-modal component ASYNC trigger - and take it from there? You might need to set focus back to window of the non-modal (hidden form) for the ASYNC to fire correctly... Alternatively, what about UPUTAMES? I might be off with the pixies, - there's been some time since I worked with the 3gl.. Regards, Knut

Author: Knut (knut.dybendahl@gmail.com)