Uniface User Forum

View Only
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-19-2018 11:44
    No replies, thread closed.

patching the wrong version

Author: ulrichmerkel@web.de (ulrich-merkel)

it just happened to me recently and maybe this note may help if this happens to you: As my mouse just missed the correct file during a doubleclick, I installed a U9 patch over my 10201 environment. As a consequence, the red U10 Symbol popped up for a second and the process finished. Using the IDE installed with the original implementation, I got some "8011 License not available" error. Further studies in the logfiles unveiled: Unable to determine IDE repository version Uniface Development Environment 9.7.04 started against Repository version 10.2.02.02. Incompatible Repository version found:  10.2.02.02 9.7.04 ??? what happens there ??? inspected my U10 installation and found a 9704.txt releasenotes   So my first action was just to "overpatch" with the U10 patch and the result looked ok as the IDF started again.   Arjen van Vliet (thanks a lot for the assistance) recommended a cleaner way of solving the problem:

• I think your repository was saved by the check-warnings that you have described.
    • I think your 10.2 installation is now officially f*cked, as a 9.7 patch will contain much more and different files compared to a 10.2 patch. So even when you would apply the right 10.2 patch over this Uniface installation, I think it will still be damaged.
    • If I were you, I would delete the current 10.2 installation and re-install (because Uniface wants to install in an empty installation directory)
      • Make sure to temporarily move or rename your development project directory, as the Uniface installer only accepts an empty directory. Move your project directory back ‘over’ the empty project directory.
      • Check before installation if there are any local users and groups (in Windows Control Panel), left over by the previous Uniface installation. I always delete these and let the new Uniface installation create a new set. Alternative is to re-use the Local Users (if you can remember the passwords from the previous installation)

• 2.  RE: Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER

You're welcome Uli, I checked today: a U10.2 patch nowadays contains around 580 files, the same patch number for U9.7 contains around 780 files. So, these 200 extra files went somewhere into your 10.2 directory. Therefore I recommend a clean 10.2.02 install. And be assured that I never use the F-word on public forums; only in one on one emails Cheers, Arjen

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)

• 3.  RE: Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER
    Arjen van Vliet said And be assured that I never use the F-word on public forums; only in one on one emails  

Hi Arjen, As I can not edit my posts in a topic, I could not amend this fault. (there is a button but when I save the canges I am told that I do not have permission) Sorry for my careless copy&paste, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)

• 4.  RE: Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER

No problem Uli, I'm pretty confident I will survive this slip-of-the-tongue Cheers, Arjen

• 5.  RE: Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER

Hi guys, An unexpected piece of life... G

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)

• 6.  RE: Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER

Need divorce lawyer ?  

Author: TheAleph (mail@gandg.it)

• 7.  RE: Uniface 10: patching the wrong version

ROCKETEER
    TheAleph said Need divorce lawyer ?    

No, we're doing fine; one big Uniface family