Rocket DevOps (formerly Aldon)

View Only
  • 1.  Aldon LME connection

PARTNER
    Posted 12-29-2020 22:43

Does anyone have the problem on Aldon Lme connection?

When the system not being used for few days, the connection seem is not established but I don't know how to check.

1. We have a case where we login to do promotion in Aldon LME web portal, the promotion does not move.

Then we stop all the Aldon Lme subsystem jobs in AS400 , then start that again and the promotion can be done.

2. On another case, we stop all the Aldon Lme subsystem jobs in AS400 , then start that again. The web portal of LME still can not promote the programs. Fortunately, we use Aldon Lme client and we get the promotion done.

Just wonder does anyone have this problem and able to find the solution? Thank you

------------------------------
    kain soon chai
    system analyst
    Silverlake Processing

• 2.  RE: Aldon LME connection
    Best Answer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 12-30-2020 08:36

Hi Kain,

The Ops Portal runs in a subsystem (called OPSPORTAL) on the IBM i system, by default 3 jobs (with same name) are pre-started, as long as this subsystem is active you should be able to log in and run promotes, deploys etc. The fact you can use your LMe Client to do the promotions indicates this issue is around the OP. You should open a support case to get this resolved. Thanks and best regards.

d broadbridge
    Rocket Software

• 3.  RE: Aldon LME connection

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-01-2021 14:50
    Hi, 
    I think I would have a few more questions to ensure we identify the 'right' problem... As, Don indicates, we would recommend opening a support ticket for us to review, as there could be several possibilities (it could be around OP host jobs, LMe jobs or it could be a deployment issue on host or remote).
    I'm including some more troubleshooting info below on the chance it may help others...
    ~~
    For this, "promotion does not move", I think you are meaning the Ops Portal login is ok and you can select a Task and use the Promote action? 
    Then one of these may be true: 
    1 - The Task isn't making it to the next stage (e.g. the Promoted Task not visible after Promote UNT to QUA?)? 

- This could be a stalled Promote job (is performed in batch). Might use WRKUSRJOB ALDONAFF *JOBQ and see if something is held or is waiting in queue.
     - OR, if the LMe connection job to Ops Portal has never been disconnected (you'd see an active AFFINITI job in ALDONLM subsystem for your OP login job), could confirm that there are no messages for the job (WRKACTJOB SBS(ALDONLM) (possible MSGW)?
    Use of WRKACTJOB to check LMe host Affiniti connection job for status, messages...

2 - Or, the Task shows the Promote is ok, but the Deployment of the files from the next environment to one or more deployment targets isn't happening?
     - If the host jobs are being restarted and the issue is resolved (you described this was done later), possible that a deployment target is offline and restarting the ALDONDM sbs jobs allowed host to reconnect and then process that target?  We would want to check the logs on the host to see if there was a disconnection noted or timeout or...  As Don indicated, may be best to open a support case and we can review.

Dale Asher
    Rocket Software

• 4.  RE: Aldon LME connection

PARTNER
    Posted 02-01-2021 23:32

Thank you Dale.

Yes, we have raised support case to Rocket.

Thanks and regards

Chai Kain Soon

Silverlake Processing Services

Unit 611, Blk G

Pusat Dagangan Phileo Damansara 1

Jln 16/11, Sek 16

46350, Petaling Jaya

Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603-7665 1083 (extn. 109)   Facsimile: +603-7665 1081, HP: +6012-3313560

E-mail: chaiks@silverglobe.com