Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  During Clone change the directory?

Posted 01-14-2020 10:26

When doing a clone it is easy to specify the directory where the clone is to be installed. But the clone will always go into a subdirectory of the specified directory using the name of the repository.

Is there a way to change that subdirectory name?

• 2.  RE: During Clone change the directory?

ROCKETEER
    Posted 01-16-2020 03:14

Hi lbdyck,

Are you sure that your statement is true, cause I can’t reproduce it:
    syntax: git clone [–very-many-options…] repository [directory]
    lets check it on pkgconf repo:

1. git clone git@github.com:pkgconf/pkgconf.git
      clone will go to pkgconf subdirectory
      bash-4.3$ ls pkgconf/
    AUTHORS             COPYING             Makefile.am         NEWS                autogen.sh          configure.ac        libpkgconf          m4                  meson.build         pkg.m4
    CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md  Kyuafile.in         Makefile.lite       README.md           cli                 doc                 libpkgconf.pc.in    man                 meson_options.txt   tests

1. git clone git@github.com:pkgconf/pkgconf.git pconf
      Clone will go to pconf directory without additional subdirectories
      bash-4.3$ ls pconf
    AUTHORS             COPYING             Makefile.am         NEWS                autogen.sh          configure.ac        libpkgconf          m4                  meson.build         pkg.m4
    CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md  Kyuafile.in         Makefile.lite       README.md           cli                 doc                 libpkgconf.pc.in    man                 meson_options.txt   tests

1. git clone git@github.com:pkgconf/pkgconf.git /u/username/git/pc2
      Clone will go to /u/cskloc/git/pc2 directory without additional subdirectories
      bash-4.3$ ls /u/cskloc/git/pc2

Thanks,
    Alexander

• 3.  RE: During Clone change the directory?

Posted 01-16-2020 08:12

I tried this with negative results:

/u/slbd>git clone git@github.com:xxxx/zzzz.git feature-branch /u/me/work
    fatal: Too many arguments.

I’m trying to pull a specific branch and put it into a new directory to work with.

If I leave off the branch then it works - is there some trick that I’m missing?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: During Clone change the directory?

Posted 01-16-2020 08:41

You need to use -b key to specify branch.

• 5.  RE: During Clone change the directory?

Posted 01-16-2020 08:53

too simple - thank you - i knew i was missing something trivial but my eyes weren’t seeing it