Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Still trying to get an install --- Weeks of frustration is building

Posted 01-19-2022 16:22
      |   view attached
    I am at the end of a long day and a bit frustrated  (and with no budget for the professional support).  This post may expose some of my current irritations.

After literally days of fighting with custom configured environment variables and destination file systems and the public rocket server I was finally able to create an environment with miniconda and attempt an install using the command.

(/usr/local/Rocket) TECH905@jismvs_test-> export CONDA_PREFIX=/usr/local/Rocket/miniconda
    (/usr/local/Rocket) TECH905@jismvs_test-> conda install -c https://conda.anaconda.org/zoss-appdev --file /u/tech905/tmp/appdev_bundle_1.0.txt

I have attached the output file as conda install 1.txt

I do not see any new install results in my file system:   The error messages included are
    Preparing transaction: done
    Verifying transaction: done
    Executing transaction: done
    sed: FSUM7310 no remembered regular expression
    sed: FSUM7296 newline or end of file found in pattern
    bash: $'\025': command not found

with the \025 in the error message, I have to assume we have a charset conversion error.
    How in the heck to I find the source of these pattern errors??

------------------------------
    Tom Longfellow
    Senior Systems Programmer
    Maryland Judicial Information Systems (JIS)
    Annapolis MD US

Attachment(s)

txt
    conda install 1.txt   9 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Still trying to get an install --- Weeks of frustration is building

Posted 01-19-2022 20:58
    Edited by hank oerlemans 01-19-2022 20:58
    Have you tried installing one or two packages just to get some confidence in the process.
    I've never used the manifest files but I've noticed you are backlevelling Python.
    What z/OS are you using out of curiosity ?

BTW if you haven't already come across https://docs.conda.io/projects/conda/en/latest/ is a useful reference.

hank oerlemans
    Lead Software Engineer
    HCL America Inc.
    North Sydney NSW AU

• 3.  RE: Still trying to get an install --- Weeks of frustration is building

ROCKETEER
    Posted 01-20-2022 15:56
    Kudos to Hank for recommending docs.conda.io - I second on that; that's actually one of the links Tatiana mentioned in the other thread yesterday. Our own doc for Miniconda (available at the Rocket Community portal) is worth checking, too.

Also, a bit of advice... conda manages its CONDA _xxx variables on its own. An attempt to modify CONDA_PREFIX manually (i.e. via 'export') might break things.

And one more thing... Tom, it might be easier to communicate if you stop spawning new threads, and keep the discussion within one thread - at least while the topic of discussion remains the same.

Regards,
    Vladimir

Vladimir Ein
    Software Engineer
    Rocket Software