Other Rocket Products

View Only
  • 1.  Corvu Production Reports + Segments

Posted 03-22-2022 19:02
    Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and I am looking forward to participating and learning.

I am using CorVu CorBusiness Development Interface.

I have created a multi-segment Production Report.

I am wondering if it is possible to copy a whole segment and paste it to another place on the report.

I have tried using Segment > New > Section and then tried to move it somewhere else. A green bar does show up, but nothing happens.

Thanks,

Stephen

------------------------------
    Stephen Hartfield
    CFO
    Orion Plastics
    Compton CA US

• 2.  RE: Corvu Production Reports + Segments

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-23-2022 14:32
    Hi Stephen - Wow, I'm impressed that you are using Production Reports in CorBusiness. It takes patience & trial & error. It is a powerful but complex module.
    Before adjusting segments, make a copy of the RPT file, because, as you know, there no undo!
    I believe you can only reorder the Query or Section segments. All other segments are fixed. Ideally you add Sections BEFORE you make the other groupings.
    So - If you have built a master/group/sum structure and want to move it around then you will need to add a Section to the segment that you want to split.
    So click on the segment that you need to re-arrange and select Object>Segment>New>Section.
    This will create a duplicate of the structure with names Sub Section 0 and Sub Section 1.
    You can then remove the bits you don't want, or you can drag a sub-section up or down by mouse-click & hold to get the green lozenge, then move over the target section and release click, this switches them around.
    Like I said it takes practice and choosing the correction Data group to get the results you want.
    I can send a video if it helps

Mark Woodall
    Manager, Technical Support Engineering
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    GB

• 3.  RE: Corvu Production Reports + Segments

Posted 03-23-2022 17:14
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I am creating a financial statement trend analysis with CorVu as connected to DTR/Aptean ERP.

The biggest hurdle that I have faced so far is how to create a percentage of pounds shipped. We are a  blown film manufacturer and we use pounds shipped as our common unit of measure instead of net sales. So, I was able to pull the pounds shipped from a budget field that I populate with the pounds shipped per month. Then I added a third column to create the Cents/# calculation. It's working out to be pretty sweet. And I'm loving the challenge.

My goal with this Segment/Section copy is to avoid having to replicate every new Segment from scratch. I'll do it if necessary, but what you wrote might be a head start.

Yes, if you can send a video, that would be fantastic.

And you are absolutely correct when you say it takes patience and trial and error - I've spent probably 30 hours to get the basics set up. Fortunately, the internal documentation is pretty clear.

Thanks again,

Stephen

Stephen Hartfield
    CFO
    Orion Plastics
    Compton CA US

• 4.  RE: Corvu Production Reports + Segments

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-24-2022 09:14
    Here is a silent video - is this the sort of thing you are looking for?
    Vimeo CorVu-Reports-Segments

Mark Woodall
    Manager, Technical Support Engineering
    Rocket Internal - All Brands
    GB

• 5.  RE: Corvu Production Reports + Segments

Posted 03-31-2022 16:57
    Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for the video, I saw the limits of where segments can be moved.

I did try something else, I tried the Transfer Data function. I transferred the segment to a target file. Unfortunately, the target file only contained the base query and other section data, but no formatting.

So, I will just go ahead and format each segment manually.

It was worth a try!

Thanks again,

Stephen

Stephen Hartfield
    CFO
    Orion Plastics
    Compton CA US