Rocket Terminal Emulator

View Only
  • 1.  IBM Session - Keyboard on Dell 7760 Laptop Function Keys Not Working

Posted 03-29-2022 17:17
    Hello,

I am using BlueZone Session Manager v7.1.10.3256 (32-bit) and the function keys do not work for session functions.  Function keys work as per Windows functions but in session when combined with shift key they are suppose to do IBM functions. If I hook up an external keyboard they work fine. I do not have another 7760 to test on to see if it is just this laptop or if it affects all of that model type.  Has anyone else experienced the same issue and is there a resolution to this?

Thank You,
    Greg

------------------------------
    Greg Webb
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 2.  RE: IBM Session - Keyboard on Dell 7760 Laptop Function Keys Not Working
    Best Answer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 03-31-2022 11:42
    I believe its Fn+Function key (not Shift+Function key) to get the Dell to send the application the standard Function key instead of toggling Mute, Volume, Brightness, etc depending on the key.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000188976/precision-7760-keyboard-function-guide

You can also toggle the FnLock with Fn+Esc so the Function keys behave like your external keyboard.

Mike Jones
    Rocket Internal - All Brands

• 3.  RE: IBM Session - Keyboard on Dell 7760 Laptop Function Keys Not Working

Posted 04-04-2022 11:11
    Thank you very much Mike!  That has resolved the issue.

Greg Webb
    Caterpillar Inc