Uniface User Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Uniface10 Deployment Archive

PARTNER
    Posted 07-03-2020 10:44

Hi,

isn't there a "Deployment Archive" anymore in Uniface10?

Regards RogerW

• 2.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

ROCKETEER
    Posted 07-03-2020 12:07
    Edited by Daniel Iseli 01-11-2022 07:12

Hi RogerW,

Yes, that is correct. At this moment there is no Deployment Utility build into the Unfiace 10 IDE. Sorry. This, however, would be a valid wish.

An alternative could be the urm (Uniface Resource Manager) command line utility. It's not a 1:1 replacement of the Deployment Utility, but a lot could be automated by using some scripting (I guess).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• 3.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

PARTNER
    Posted 07-03-2020 13:03

Hi,

and oh no, that will be a negative surprise here at us. We have really liked it to handle our patches in larger applications, where many programmers are involved.

Could even be that it will postpone the migration to Uniface10.
    How can we easily select some forms, services, messages with eg. urm to make a small patch.

Regards RogerW.

• 4.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

ROCKETEER
    Posted 07-08-2020 14:11

It should be possible to use a project for this to maintain the content of a patch. From there it probably is not that difficult to create a user-defined menu or worksheet plug-in for the IDE that then spawn the URM command line utility to create an archive with the objects from the "patch" project. This is not available out-of-the-box (yet), but it's also not rocket science.

The lab is, of course, continuously working on improving the Uniface 10 IDE. And hopefully more functionality will be released over time that will make it (even) easier to create a replacement for the Uniface 9 Deployment Utility.

Regards,
    Daniel

• 5.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

Posted 03-04-2021 15:44

Is there any news on this topic?

• 6.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

PARTNER
    Posted 03-18-2021 07:39

Doesn't seem to come anything from Uniface. There is a wish, but I think you have to do your own solution....
    We are in a situation that we cant go to Uniface10 before this works and no one has time to look into it.

Regards RogerW

• 7.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

ROCKETEER
    Posted 01-14-2022 02:37

Hello,

I've managed to get the Deployment Archive functionality of UF9 working (again) in Uniface 10. I've included it in the Uniface 10.3 IDE Utilities (ADDITIONS.uar)  and uploaded a test version to our FTP server:

The utilities have been created with the latest Uniface 10.3 patch (10.3.03.008) and should also work with Uniface 10.3.02 patches that are not older than about 1 year (give or take). I did a quick test, and the utilities seem to work fine with (e.g.) patch 10.3.02.050.

The details about how to get the utilities working in the IDE can be found here:

When the utilities are configured correctly then there should be a menu action "Deployment Archive" in the main menu of the IDE ( ≡ ).

I've also included the entity definitions used by the Deployment Archive functionality (ADDITIONS.uar:fil\ENT_UARDEPLOY.xml) in case someone wants to generate the Create Table scripts with /genSql.

I'll update the official version of the Uniface 10.3 IDE Utilities on the Rocket Forum soon and will also provide a version for Uniface 10.4. But I will not get around to this for at least another 2-3 weeks.

I hope this is useful.

Regards,
    Daniel

------------------------------
    Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland

• 8.  RE: Uniface10 Deployment Archive

ROCKETEER
    Posted 02-02-2022 12:07
    Hello,

I've now updated the IDE utilities (ADDITIONS.uar) and included the Deployment Archive tool. The download for the utilities can be found here:
    Regards,
    Daniel

Daniel Iseli
    Principal Technical Support Engineer
    Uniface Services
    Rocket Software, Switzerland