Open-source Languages & Tools for z/OS

View Only

Receiving Error awk: FSUM6003 input file "/SERVICE/-sh": EDC5129I No such file or directory. When Running Miniconda self-extracting Installer

George Dranes's profile image
George Dranes posted 03-13-2023 18:09

I'm attempting to run the miniconda self-extracting installer and am receiving the following error.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

The license agreement can later be accessed for review at the following path:          
  /usr/local/miniconda/IBM_LICENSE.txt                                                 

Please, press ENTER to continue                                                        
>>>                                                                                    
Checking available space in /usr/local/miniconda ... 1624 MB ... OK                    
Moving out sensitive files and directories...                                          
Extracting packages from distribution...                                               
awk: FSUM6003 input file "/SERVICE/-sh": EDC5129I No such file or directory.           
FSUMB293 Invalid option character "+" in "-n+"                                         
Usage: tail Ý-B¨ Ý-f¨ Ý-W optionÝ,option¨...¨ Ý-b|-c|-k|-l|-m|-n Ý+|-¨number¨ Ýfile¨   
       tail Ý-B¨ Ý-W optionÝ,option¨...¨ +|-Ýnumber¨Ýb|c|k|l|m|n¨Ýf¨ Ýfile¨            
0 blocks                                                                               
FSUM7131 Out of space or reached the end of the archive file.                          
 If you want to go on, type device or file name when ready                             

Sergey Rezepin's profile image
ROCKETEER Sergey Rezepin

Hi George,

Could you check if the installer was downloaded completely?
ls -laT miniconda-zos-2.0.3-2023-01-17.run
The size should be 122645292.
If no, please try to download it again and upload on the destination system in binary mode.

Thanks,
Sergey

George Dranes

Sergey,

I went ahead and downloaded the installer to my desktop and then FTP'd the file in binary.  It looks to be the correct size on z/OS:

# ls -laT /SERVICE/miniconda-zos-2.0.3-2023-01-17.run                                                                  
b binary      T=off -rwxr-x--x   1 BPXROOT  SYS1     122645292 Mar 14 08:36 /SERVICE/miniconda-zos-2.0.3-2023-01-17.run

I am still receving the same error.

Sergey Rezepin's profile image
ROCKETEER Sergey Rezepin

Could you check if your filesystem is compressed?
zfsadm fsinfo YOUR.FILE.SYSTEM.DATA.SET
It may be also the reason of the error.

If the status is CO=Compressed, please try to install Miniconda to another ZFS which is NC=Not compressed, or start decompression against compressed one and try again after it is decompressed.

George Dranes

Sergey,

Both the zfs that I downloaded the installer to as well as the zfs I'm installing into are NC.  I perform the chmod and chtag commands as well as the required exports as documented.  I then execute . /SERVICE/miniconda-zos-2.0.3-2023-01-17.run --path /usr/local/miniconda  I am running this under /bin/sh.

Thanks,

George

Alexander Klochkov's profile image
ROCKETEER Alexander Klochkov

Hi George,
You have an unnecessary space and dot in the command, you don't need to source the installer, you need to run it. 

the command should be:
/SERVICE/miniconda-zos-2.0.3-2023-01-17.run --path /usr/local/miniconda

Thanks,
Alexander

George Dranes

Alexander,

That did the trick.   Thanks for you help!