The Rocket MultiValue team is very excited to announce the release of UniData 8.2.4 on August 18th, 2022.
The UniData 8.2.4 maintenance release provides a wealth of enhancements and bug fixes as well as the highly anticipated MV BASIC for VS Code debugger preview.
Debugging is now easier with UniData 8.2.4. Your developers will love the changes we made in UniData 8.2.4 to support your team’s use of the UniDebugger with the MV BASIC for VS Code (MVVS) v1.7.0 extension. We’re releasing 8.2.4 in conjunction with the MVVS v1.7.0 extension, available for free on the Visual Studio Code Marketplace. Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code empowers your BASIC developers to edit, compile, and now debug your BASIC applications in one of the most popular development environments, Microsoft Visual Studio Code. You can review the MV BASIC for VS Code v1.7.0 release announcement on the MVVS Rocket Forum for details including the MVVS Debugger platform support matrix.
In addition to MVVS debugging, UniData 8.2.4 includes these highlights:
- Audit Logging Enhancements:
- Configure Audit change data capture at an attribute level
- Consolidate audit records based on the record ID using the new consolidation mode
- Security Improvements:
- Administrators will appreciate the enhancements we’ve made to the Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM); a new, optional PAM service enables U2 connections without affecting strict login rules.
- Get current with OpenSSL 1.1.1n
- Python Updates:
- If you’ve been using Python, you can preserve your Python environment during the UniData upgrade
- Take advantage of Python v3.9.12
- External Database Access (EDA)
- We’ve enhanced the TRANS function to support the use of another remote key id, which was previously restricted to the mapping of ID
- Certified for Windows 11 and Server 2022
- 43 Enhancements
- 52 bugs fixes
For more details, please read the UniData 8.2.4 release notes. To download 8.2.4, place your order on Rocket Business Connect (RBC) – it’s included as part of your maintenance. If you don’t have a current maintenance contract, please contact your Rocket sales rep – he or she is happy to help you get back on maintenance.