Uniface User Forum

• 1.  Uniface 10 Listing Viewer

PARTNER
    Posted 08-06-2020 10:21

Has anyone ported the listing viewer from 9 to 10? 

Sometimes I'd like to see what the result of all the includes are in the code and search for particular things as they affect this program. 

I can output the listing to text and search using an editor, but the previous viewer was prettier. 🙂 

Something like the 'global search' in additions.uar would be good, but limited to the current component and the painted entities, include proc, and global procs would be great. (Slight improvement over the previous 'search all triggers'. )

If the source code for the global search is available, I could probably build my own and share it. 

Regards, 

Iain

• 2.  RE: Uniface 10 Listing Viewer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 08-06-2020 10:41

Hi Iain,

Our delivery team are working on a set of additional add-ins that are not official labs implementations, but do include a View Listing implementation amongst other things, and hope to make them available soon.

Regards,

David

• 3.  RE: Uniface 10 Listing Viewer

PARTNER
    Posted 08-13-2020 09:09

If you convert your comment to an answer, I can tag it as an answer, and my DBA/neatness brain will be satisfied... 🙂 

• 4.  RE: Uniface 10 Listing Viewer

Posted 11-02-2020 13:45

Hi David

We are Using 10.3.02.043 and I can't find any listing viewer
    Next month is christmas, will there be a listing viewer: "hope to make them available soon." 🙂

Ingo

• 5.  RE: Uniface 10 Listing Viewer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 11-02-2020 16:52
    Edited by Daniel Iseli 03-21-2022 07:41

Hi,

Here is an export of my custom listing viewer implementation: vlisting.xml.

It's a simple form that loads the listing into a rich text edit box so you can use its Ctrl F (find) capability when viewing the listing. The standard Uniface 10 custom worksheet API operations are implemented, so it can be plugged into the IDE as follows:

1. Import and compile component VLISTING

(you can optionally do this in a separate environment and make a UAR file)

2. Modify your ide.asn assignment file to add a logical referring to the compiled component, e.g.
      [LOGICALS]
      IDE_DEFINE_WORKSHEETS_CPT=VLISTING

If you have more custom worksheets, you can use a comma (,) separator.

3. If you created a separate UAR file in step 1, add it to the [RESOURCES] section.
    4. Restart the IDE and open a component - it should now show the listing when you click on the "Listing" tab.

As explained previously, this is not an official product implementation - just an example of how easy it is to create your own custom worksheet in Uniface 10 (which provides much better IDE integration than the Uniface 9 "Additional Menu"). Hopefully it will improve your experience using Uniface 10. 

Product updates are released every two weeks in cumulative patches, containing both features and bug fixes.

Note: Other useful custom IDE addins are available here and in the community samples. Our delivery (pre-sales/services) team still plan to add some more (see also our github site) when other priorities allow, and that may include a more sophisticated version of this component. In the mean-time, you are welcome to contribute and make improvements to this implementation.

Kind Regards,

David