Rocket Open-Source Languages and Tools for z/OS

InnerBanner_ZProducts_June2020_v1.png
Welcome to the discussion and file library for Rocket Open Source Languages and Tools for z/OS. Join the forum to create a discussion, or participate in an ongoing conversation.

Rocket Open Source Languages and Tools empowers you to develop according to your preferred formats including Git, R and Python.

To learn more, visit the Rocket z/OS Open Source Languages and Tools product page.

#Python #Perl #PHP #GIT​​​​​

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi there, Is there anything planned to deliver openssl with AMODE=64? Thanks, Manfred ------------------------------ Manfred Lotz IBM ------------------------------

• Hi Gary, you're welcome! Cris ------------------------------ Cristiano Guadagnino Creval ------------------------------

• Hi Vlad.Ein, I am using 2.7.13 version. If you have some documentation for this, please let me know Thank you Chetan

• Hi Denis, Git uses the iconv library to convert files. And this issue is a result of iconv conversion: echo “EFBBBF”| xxd -r -p | iconv -f utf-8 -t ibm-1147 > f_1147 od -h f_1147 You can see that f_1147 file has the x3F character. Iconv replaces ...

• Hi Vladimir, Thanks for your response. As you mentioned below, I tried to do a ‘oping github.com ’ and got the same unresolved host message. Then I understand that our Mainframe doesn’t have internet connection and we can’t clone from github.com ...

• I don’t know why this happens, but I did hack up a fix. The key is that where Python (and us programmers) expect/provide a \n , z/OS is actually providing/expecting a \x85 , which is rendered as □. Observe the following Python, which creates working ...

• Profile Picture

RE: R and Python 2.7

Aah, ok. Good to know that the R version in Miniconda is newer. So, I will ignore R 3.3.2.

• Is error.log empty? Can you run command “env | sort” and share the output with us? Which git version do you use? UPD. How big are the files in the repository?

• Does any one has a document on Python use-cases on z/OS ? thank you ------------------------------ Daniel Raisch Rocket Software ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

RE: Git next release?

Yes it is still on target for Q3 ------------------------------ Peter Fandel Rocket Software ------------------------------

1 person recommends this.