Rocket Open-Source Languages and Tools for z/OS

View Only

InnerBanner_ZProducts_June2020_v1.png
Welcome to the discussion and file library for Rocket Open Source Languages and Tools for z/OS. Join the forum to create a discussion, or participate in an ongoing conversation.

Rocket Open Source Languages and Tools empowers you to develop according to your preferred formats including Git, R and Python.

To learn more, visit the Rocket z/OS Open Source Languages and Tools product page.

#Python #Perl #PHP #GIT​​​​​

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thanks Manfred, let me know if you have any other questions. We will look into the issue some more and let you know if there are any updates. ------------------------------ Benjamin Maloy Software Engineer I Rocket Internal - All Brands Medford MA US ...

• Hi Morten, I never worked with DSFS, but as in idea - avoid using the -i key: sed 's/a/b/' b > tmp; cat tmp > b (or maybe cp command here); rm tmp Thanks, Alex ------------------------------ Alexander Klochkov QA Rocket Internal ...

• Hi Saanv i, What exact commands are you running to get this error? Please also provide the output of the following commands: git --version env | sort Thanks, Alexander ------------------------------ Alexander Klochkov QA Rocket Internal ...

• Hi Giancarlo, Try changing your TSO memory size to 8192 and see if this reproduces the S0C4 on your system. thanks ------------------------------ Alfred Sau ------------------------------

• Hi Eghosa Imaghodor , >> 1) is there a compatibility requirement for the version of Curl to be installed with git V2.26.2-87? or can we proceed safely to install the latest version of curl? You can proceed safely to install the latest version ...

Announcements

• Pleased to announce Rocket Open AppDev for Z v2.0.7 release!

Hello users of our z/OS open-source ports, I am pleased to announce the release of Rocket Open AppDev for Z v2.0.7.  This release includes a port of a new tool, pytest, and version currency updates for cURL, Diffutils, Git, Gzip, OpenSSL, Pytest, IBM Python, Sed, Vim, and Zlib, as well as an extensive list of security fixes and other fixes for many other ports.  For customers on a support contract, these latest builds are already available via ... More
  • Critical CVEs affecting z/OS Curl -- Q4 2023

Critical CVEs affecting z/OS Curl were published recently (Oct 20th) that may impact customers of Rocket Open AddDev for Z: CVE-2023-38545 , CVE-2023-38546. We have completed new builds of Git and Curl that address these vulnerabilities that affect version 2.0.6 and may affect older versions as well. A new build of Rocket’s Open AppDev for Z version 2.0.6.1 has been prepared, tested and is ready now for download from Rocket’s secure conda channel server.  More... More
  • Rocket Open AppDev for Z v2.0.5 release

Hello users of our z/OS open-source ports, I am pleased to announce the release of Rocket Open AppDev for Z v2.0.5.  This release includes version currency updates of Git, cURL, Vim, , as well as a long list of security fixes and other fixes for most of our ports.  For customers on support contract, these latest builds are already available via conda and SMP/E installer will be available in a couple of days. For users not on support, these builds ... More