Rocket Terminal Emulator

Welcome to the Rocket Terminal Emulator forum. Rocket Terminal Emulator 10.1 is the latest version of Rocket BlueZone, the de-facto industry standard for IBM i, Z and VT-based systems.  

Joins us here to exchange insights on driving organizational efficiency and enhancing host system access. Engage with industry peers and Rocketeers from across our organization. Stay informed of the latest trends, product developments and news through discussions, videos, webinars, exclusive forum events and more.

Visit the Rocket Terminal Emulator product page for additional materials and information on this product.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hello, I am trying to FTP/send a text file. The file is being sent but the text files TABS are being replaced with SPACES. ie, the text file looks something like: but inside the mainframe all tabs are turned into single spaces b 12 34 56 7891 ...

• Thank you so much for your response. I have loaded the whlapi32.dll as well as the bzwhll.dll for install of Rocket TE.....I edited the script to simply run the .exe program – and am getting the "Unable to attach to Emulator application" – as you noted, ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Settings File

Hi Michael, Which BlueZone / Rocket TE product is being used? If Desktop, then yes, you would basically configure your custom keyboards mappings and any other settings as desired, save the settings to the configuration file (File -> Save / Save As...) ...

• Rocket Terminal Emulator offers several different authentication methods, however, it can easily be configured for None as well. Here is a short video demonstrating how to set the Authentication method to None within the Rocket TE Admin Console. If you ...

• Hi Asgher, Thank you for reaching out! Passport and BlueZone are two different emulation products and have different file names. (*.zws), (*.zft), (*.ztb), (*.zsc), (*.zhs), (*.zkp) are file extensions used in Passport but since you found bzmd.exe, ...

• Rocket Terminal Emulator Web or Web Deployment can store user login details in a SQL Server database. The video below shows how you can set this up. Feel free to ask for clarification of any points made or anything you wish I'd covered. ------------------------------ ...

• Managing and creating sessions can easily be done within the Rocket Terminal Emulator Web or Web Deployment Admin Console. Here is a short video demonstrating how to define a new session within the Rocket TE Admin Console. ------------------------------ ...

Community Blogs

• Are you using one of our terminal emulators to access your IBM i, IBM Z or other legacy system? We’ve just released an upgrade for every single Rocket customer. Host access is critical for any user, whether they are systems administrators, power users, ...

Announcements

• Welcome WebConnect and ConnectiQ to the Rocket family!

Today, we announced the acquisition of WebConnect terminal emulation and ConnectiQ mainframe RPA from ActiveOps. We're excited to bring these two leading technologies into the Rocket family.  

ConnectiQ 

ConnectiQ is a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool for mainframe environments. Its customers, many of whom are in the healthcare payer industry, have achieved mind-blowing efficiencies by automating the most-repeated, most labor-intensive functions in their claims processes, saving millions of dollars.  

RPA serves as another option on the spectrum of choices for mainframe and IBM i leaders. Whether you want to revamp the user experience, streamline the user processes, access the data or automate an entire domain, we have the solutions to help you in your journey.   

WebConnect 

We've been delivering enterprise-class terminal emulation solutions for decades with our BlueZone solutions. With WebConnectwe're glad to bring another mainframe terminal emulator into the fold.  

Terminal emulation is an area where we continue to actively innovate, most recently supporting the Zowe platform for mainframes. This acquisition represents yet another investment in a space we see as critical for anyone engaging with a host system. An efficient, configurable and comfortable terminal emulator truly changes the experience of working with a mainframe, IBM i, or VT-based system. That's why we're glad to have WebConnect in our portfolio of exceptional tools.  

Over the years, we've acquired dozens of incredible technologies that, when brought together, create a wealth of opportunities to enhance, integrate and innovate upon legacy systems. This acquisition is no exception.   

If you're ConnectiQ or WebConnect customer and new to Rocket, welcome! Reach out to us anytime. We're certain you'll love our commitment to the mainframe, our exceptional customer support, and our deep appreciation for each and every customer. 

• Announcing Rocket BlueZone Web for Zowe

Rocket Software is proud to announce the launch of BlueZone Web for Zowe, the first commercial terminal emulator solution for Zowe.