Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

View Only
  • 1.  [Rocket U2][U2ODBC][2300701]Error ID: 46 State: S1000; U2 Database code: 930122; Msg: [U2][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]UniVerse/SQL: Row length exceeds buffer size

Posted 05-25-2023 10:37

I've overcome most of the issues discussed earlier in the following two threads.  The background there may help in addressing this question.

Rocketsoftware remove preview
    Rocket U2][U2ODBC][2300701]Error ID: 46 Severity: ERROR Facility: DBCAPERR - UCI Error. Func: SQLFetch(XIO); State: S1000; U2 Database code: 20085; Msg: [U2]
    View this on Rocketsoftware >

Rocketsoftware remove preview
    I'm using the latest U2 64-+Bit ODBC Driver Version 7.241.02.9004.The ODBC Connection tests successfully and works perfectly in applications that use ODBC, such
    View this on Rocketsoftware >

The current error is the subject error message, which I am receiving when I attempt to query certain "tables" from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio where the Universe U2 system is configured as a linked server via OLEDB/ODBC.

For example, on one table, I can execute the following successfully:

select top (100) *
    from [my tablespace name]...[my table name];

but if I try to do more than 100 rows, it fails with error above.
    If I try to do a count, it fails with error above.
    if I try to just select one column, or try to add any type of where clause, it fails with error abovev.

------------------------------
    Karl Diethrick
    Rocket Forum Shared Account

• 2.  RE: [Rocket U2][U2ODBC][2300701]Error ID: 46 State: S1000; U2 Database code: 930122; Msg: [U2][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]UniVerse/SQL: Row length exceeds buffer size
    Best Answer

ROCKETEER
    Posted 05-25-2023 10:51

Have you tried increasing the value of MAXFETCHBUFF defined in the uci.config file.  It defaults to 8192. Try Increasing it to a large enough value is necessary to eliminate the error. The UCI config Editor gives you a nice interface into editing the file.

Jonathan Smith
    UniData ATS
    Rocket Support

• 3.  RE: [Rocket U2][U2ODBC][2300701]Error ID: 46 State: S1000; U2 Database code: 930122; Msg: [U2][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]UniVerse/SQL: Row length exceeds buffer size

Posted 05-25-2023 13:29

Awesome, thanks Jonathan!

I started by doubling it, then x4, but was still having issues.  So I just went x64 and set it to 524288 and was able to run a select * on all rows and columns in the table in question. 

Granted, it took 20minutes to return just 52k records, but at least I can get them again.

Karl Diethrick

• 4.  RE: [Rocket U2][U2ODBC][2300701]Error ID: 46 State: S1000; U2 Database code: 930122; Msg: [U2][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]UniVerse/SQL: Row length exceeds buffer size

Posted 06-12-2023 14:45

Karl,

Unless the file is massive, 52K records n 20 minutes seems a bit too long. As a suggestion, check the multivalues are associated as this cold have a significant effect if there are  a very large number involved. Otherwise filter out the records returned and put them in a  separate small file by themselveds is the time still around 20 minutes?

This should separate out the file size and record lock contention as factors - barring heavy use of irtual logoc and separate file rtanslations.

Regards

JJ 

John Jenkins
    Thame, Oxfordshire

• 5.  RE: [Rocket U2][U2ODBC][2300701]Error ID: 46 State: S1000; U2 Database code: 930122; Msg: [U2][SQL Client][UNIVERSE]UniVerse/SQL: Row length exceeds buffer size

Posted 06-13-2023 13:35

Thanks @John Jenkins .  It may be a while until I get an opportunity to work with the admins on this, but I will be sure to post back if/when that happens.

Karl Diethrick