General Discussion & Announcements

InnerBanner-General_June2020_v1.png
Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Rocket Software with other members, ask questions, share general knowledge, and engage with other members on non-product topics.

Latest Discussion Posts

• I'm excited to introduce and welcome you to the formal launch of our new Rocket Forum: your virtual headquarters to discover, learn, engage, stay informed, share knowledge, and build relationships with other members and Rocketeers alike. Let's discuss ...

2 people like this.
  • The forum is getting a facelift that's a bit more than skin-deep. As I always tell members there's more to see and do when you log in, and the new design brings much of that to the forefront. I think what you'll discover will improve the overall value ...

1 person likes this.
  • As a forum member you've likely seen posts by @Andrew Simpson on a variety of topics, but his specialty is helping organizations automate processes to improve speed and accuracy. Come learn about the best practices in this area from Andrew - you may ...

• I believe this is something we do using the Eclipse IDE linked directory structure hooked up with version control. Once you set up your repository on version control, you then can get notified of changes or update in Dictionaries, programs, procedures, ...

• RSS is a great way to keep up to date on forum happenings. If you use Slack you can create a channel, and using the /feed command, get your personalized Forum feed delivered to you in real time. So how do you create a personalized feed? If you log ...

Announcements

• Join me in welcoming Uniface to the Rocket Software family

I’m excited to announce that earlier today, we announced that we’ve acquired Uniface, a Netherlands-based company that develops a low-code application development platform also known as Uniface.

Thousands of customers around the world rely on the Uniface platform to build and run their mission-critical applications and, like Rocket, their customers include some of the world’s biggest companies in industries such as manufacturing, transportation, and retail.

We’ve completed dozens of acquisitions over the past 30 years; in fact, I came to Rocket when my own company was acquired. For me, the most exciting thing about any acquisition is getting to meet new people and work with them as they become Rocketeers. In this instance, we’re welcoming 81 new people to the Rocket family, each with skills and experiences that will help improve the products and services our customers and partners depend on.

Speaking of customers and partners, I’m equally looking forward to getting to know all of the new companies and individuals we’ll now have the opportunity to work with. We at Rocket have a long history of building application development platforms, and I know that both current Rocket customers and new Uniface customers will benefit from our combined R&D experience and expertise. The possibilities are limitless.

If you want to learn more about Uniface, I encourage you to check out the Uniface website. And if you’re a Uniface customer or partner and new to Rocket, let me be the first to welcome you. I can’t wait to meet each of you.

Gary