Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

InnerBanner-MVProducts_Juen2020_v1.png

Welcome to the Rocket U2 UniVerse & UniData forum. This is the place to be inspired and get the advice that will help you to unlock the full value of this development platform. Join and stay up-to-date on a broad set of conversations and topics related to the platform. Leverage your peers and Rocket experts to do your best work ever. Ask a question, jump into a conversation or start one of your own.

Rocket® UniVerse, the most popular MultiValue application platform, is a fast, flexible data server for developing enterprise apps. Additional information can be found on the Rocket UniVerse home page.

Rocket® UniData is a best-in-class MultiValue application platform, for scalable business apps that can evolve as needs change. Product information and additional resources can be found on the Rocket UniData home page

#U2 #UniVerse #UniData #U2DBTools #U2Toolkitfor.Net #U2CommonClients #EDA #RFS #U2Replication #UOPY

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Latest Discussion Posts

• My pleasure! ------------------------------ Henry Unger President Pulsiam Encino CA United States ------------------------------

• Kevin, That was fixed in UniData 8.2.1.9110, note that UniData 8.2.1.9125 is the latest hot fix at this time. Starting at UniData 8.2.1, if the guide utility was used against a dynamic file, the following message might have incorrectly displayed: ...

• My name is Cheng Jiang, and I am a Rocket Software Engineer III in the Dalian office. In this video series, I will give you a complete introductory tour of Rocket U2 Audit Logging. If you want to improve security or if you need help with compliance or ...

• If overwriting existing files, please check both the source and target files are not in use beforehand and ensure they remain unused for the duration of the copy. As options: Modify the file permissions - whether POSIX or ACLS - to ensure exclusive ...

• Thanks for pursuing it, Neil. I look forward to seeing the results. ------------------------------ Gregor Scott Software Architect Pentana Solutions Mount Waverley VIC Australia ------------------------------

• Automatic Data Encryption (ADE) is a largely-transparent database feature available in both UniData and UniVerse that helps prevent unauthorized access to selected sensitive data. This is accomplished by encrypting selected fields using an industry-standard ...

• Hi Forum members. I wanted to point out we do have a way to share code on the site. It doesn't appear this is the universal symbol for code (;-) so some people have missed it. Give it a try when you have the need! Dave ------------------------------ ...

1 person recommends this.

Community Blogs

• Managing product marketing for the MultiValue business unit means that I have an opportunity to interact with customers, and hearing how Rocket products have improved services and offerings for their customers. Using a combination of UniData and U2 RESTful ...

• Earlier in the year, Cheng Jiang, one of Rocket's software engineers on the MultiValue team, shared some insight into OpenSSL and this new Transport Layer Security protocol inclusion in UniVerse 11.3.2. To learn more about the new Open SSL library, improved ...

Announcements

• UNIVERSE EXTERNAL DATABASE ACCESS (EDA) WITH I-TYPE FIELD DICTIONARY ITEMS AGAINST SQL SERVER

External Database Access (EDA) enables you to convert data stored in Rocket UniVerse and UniData databases to a first normal form (1NF) database, such as Microsoft SQL Server, then access that data using existing UniVerse BASIC programs, RetrieVe, or UniData/UniVerse SQL. For the UniVerse I-type fields, they can be mapped in many ways to SQL Server. This post will expand the mapping section of the External Database Access manual.
  • UNIVERSE 11.3.2 DEEP DIVE DEMO SAMPLES & EXAMPLES NOW AVAILABLE

Have you seen the UniVerse samples and examples on Git? Get all the details in this blog post.
  • U2 Audit Logging overview

If you're on UniData and concerned with compliance or security, I invite you to watch this 9 minute video which provides an over view of U2 Audit Logging.
Current Members