Rocket U2 | UniVerse & UniData

InnerBanner-MVProducts_Juen2020_v1.png

Welcome to the Rocket U2 UniVerse & UniData forum. This is the place to be inspired and get the advice that will help you to unlock the full value of this development platform. Join and stay up-to-date on a broad set of conversations and topics related to the platform. Leverage your peers and Rocket experts to do your best work ever. Ask a question, jump into a conversation or start one of your own.

Rocket® UniVerse, the most popular MultiValue application platform, is a fast, flexible data server for developing enterprise apps. Additional information can be found on the Rocket UniVerse home page.

Rocket® UniData is a best-in-class MultiValue application platform, for scalable business apps that can evolve as needs change. Product information and additional resources can be found on the Rocket UniData home page

#MV #UniData #UniVerse #MV​​ #U2​​ #U2Python​ #MVU #Rocket.Build

Latest Discussion Posts

• Nic, I like the setting of REINIT.PYTHON from Python. I tend to decide if I want it on or off for an account and/or user and add the REINIT.PYTHON OFF to the LOGIN paragraph of the account in question, yet since there may be times you need to use a ...

• AdoNetConnection for the above ... <AdoNetConnection Name="Source" ConnectionString="Server=<server>;User ID=<user>;Database=<database>;ServerType=Universe;" Provider="U2.Data.Client.U2Connection, U2.Data.Client, Version=2.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=<publickeytoken>" ...

• Have you thought about changing the CENTURY.PIVOT? The century pivot point is the year used to determine the century when an ICONV is done on an external date that only provides a 2 digit year. Note the following BASIC code will takes a the date with ...

• If you have become used to stopping PHANTOM processes by killing them or editing a controlling record in a file, there is a much more elegant method available using the often under-recognised method of process locks. For example, if we choose lock 1 ...

• UniData version 8.2.2 has been released on September 29 2020 for the below platforms/versions: AIX POWER 7.1, 7.2 Amazon Linux 2 CentOS 7, 8 HP/UX ITANIUM 11.31 Oracle Enterprise Linux x86 7, ...

• Hi Ryan. You are correct that the 12.1.1 release of UniVerse implements a centralized System Buffer which is used to control file I/O operations. The System Buffer does contain an entry for each UniVerse file that is open. One of the fields is a reference ...

• Thanks to everyone that participated in the discussion. It's great to see members contribute with feedback, offer tips and that there is a resolution planned for future release. ------------------------------ Charles Dane Rocket Software ---------- ...

• Are you a current user of U2 ODBC and/or JDBC with UniData 8.2.1? If so, it is necessary to ensure all accounts are using the 6.0 version schema files. Not doing so runs the risk of some applications not working with your UniData account. In his blog, ...

• Despite being a version behind 12, UniVerse 11.3.2 is still a feature-rich platform with plenty of enhancements. Earlier in the year, myself and members of the UniVerse team hosted a webinar about this version of the application server. In the " Rocket ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Yes UniData 8.2.2 due to be released in a couple of weeks will be certified on Redhat 8 Regards Jonathan Smith ================================ Rocket Software, Inc. and subsidiaries ■ 77 Fourth Avenue, Waltham MA 02451 ■ Main Office ...

1 person recommends this.

Announcements

• UNIVERSE EXTERNAL DATABASE ACCESS (EDA) WITH I-TYPE FIELD DICTIONARY ITEMS AGAINST SQL SERVER

External Database Access (EDA) enables you to convert data stored in Rocket UniVerse and UniData databases to a first normal form (1NF) database, such as Microsoft SQL Server, then access that data using existing UniVerse BASIC programs, RetrieVe, or UniData/UniVerse SQL. For the UniVerse I-type fields, they can be mapped in many ways to SQL Server. This post will expand the mapping section of the External Database Access manual.
  • UNIVERSE 11.3.2 DEEP DIVE DEMO SAMPLES & EXAMPLES NOW AVAILABLE

Have you seen the UniVerse samples and examples on Git? Get all the details in this blog post.

Community Blogs

• Managing product marketing for the MultiValue business unit means that I have an opportunity to interact with customers, and hearing how Rocket products have improved services and offerings for their customers. Using a combination of UniData and U2 RESTful ...

• Earlier in the year, Cheng Jiang, one of Rocket's software engineers on the MultiValue team, shared some insight into OpenSSL and this new Transport Layer Security protocol inclusion in UniVerse 11.3.2. To learn more about the new Open SSL library, improved ...