Are you using one of our terminal emulators to access your IBM i, IBM Z or other legacy system? We’ve just released an upgrade for every single Rocket customer. Host access is critical for any user, whether they are systems administrators, power users, or daily end users, who can access Rocket Terminal Emulator via a traditional desktop client, any modern browser, or via the Zowe open mainframe platform.
Our latest solution, named Rocket Terminal Emulator v.10.1 (formerly known as Rocket BlueZone) has some significant new features:
- Enhanced customization and configuration – The web edition provides even more customization and configuration options to improve the efficiency of its users. It offers an intuitive experience as well as in-product tutorials and documentation, for the most easy-to-use terminal emulator. Watch @Tommy Hueber present the upgraded TE experience here.
- Support for local and network printing – Need to print from your mainframe to a local printer? Rocket Terminal Emulator printer emulator provides fully featured and comprehensive printing capabilities. Check out this video by @Mark Perillo from Rocket’s Sales Engineering for more details.
- Transfer files using standard FTP, SFTP, FTPS protocols – Transferring files to and from the host systems via various file transfer protocols and managing those sessions has never been easier for users of browser-based terminal emulators. Check out this video by @John Brady for more details.
- Wizards for upgrading from other versions – If your organization uses older versions of our products like Passport PC to Host, there’s a wizard to easily bring your users up to the latest levels of functionality. Watch this video by @Leonard Jacobs to see how you can upgrade from Passport terminal emulation solution to Rocket Terminal Emulator.
- Additional Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) support – The new browser-based terminal emulator now provides additional SSO support with the introduction of SAML 2.0 Redirect, and MFA with the integration of Okta. Watch this video to find out more details on how you can secure Rocket Terminal Emulator.
On January 28th and February 2nd, I’ll host webinars to dig into the release in more detail.
Join this forum to stay up-to-date on both product developments and the events to help you get the most from them. In the meantime, I welcome your feedback on this latest release.